Porcelain veneers, sometimes called dental veneers, are an excellent choice for transforming your smile. The expert cosmetic dentists at Sky Dental in Manhattan’s Financial District are the top destination for porcelain veneers in NYC.
Each person’s case is different, but with proper care, porcelain veneers can last up to 10 years — sometimes even longer! Keep reading to learn if porcelain dental veneers might be the key to your smile makeover.
What Are Porcelain Veneers? How Can They Improve My Smile?
Dental veneers are thin shells made of specialized porcelain that are custom-designed to match your natural teeth. They are permanently applied to the front of the tooth — you can think of them like a contact lens or an acrylic fingernail — to alter the look of your smile.
Veneers can correct or improve many common signs of wear or damage — especially to the front teeth that are on display when you smile. Porcelain veneers are an excellent solution for:
- Chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Broken teeth
- Teeth that have been worn down over time
- Stained or discolored teeth
Veneers can also change the shape and size of teeth. If you have a few teeth that are smaller than the rest, have small gaps between teeth or have a smile with uneven edges, your dentist can apply porcelain veneers that create a beautiful sense of symmetry and alignment.
More Brilliant Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
In addition to creating a smile that you love — and unlocking the confidence that accompanies it! — porcelain veneers come with a few additional perks:
- You can brush and floss your porcelain veneers just like your natural teeth. Veneers are easy to care for as part of your regular dental hygiene routine. If you want to go the extra mile to protect your new smile, consider wearing a mouthguard at night and when playing sports. And avoid risky activities such as chewing ice or using your teeth to open stubborn packaging.
- Porcelain veneers protect your natural teeth. Especially in cases of cracked or damaged teeth, veneers create a protective covering that prevents further damage.
- Your veneers may resist stains. Unlike your natural teeth, porcelain veneers are non-porous. This means they may be better at resisting stains from wine, coffee and other foods and beverages. Just another reason your beautiful new smile will stay beautiful for many years to come!
Choosing Sky Dental for Your NYC Smile Makeover
Sky Dental’s team of dentists are highly skilled in all elements of cosmetic and restorative dentistry. They are passionate about continuing their education and regularly pursue additional training and learning opportunities to be even better at their craft.
When you visit Sky Dental in New York’s Financial District, our talented cosmetic dentists will partner with you to design the smile that YOU want most — not just the one we think you should have. We love collaborating with patients to understand their needs and preferences, then mapping out a treatment plan to reach those goals together.
Porcelain veneers are a long-lasting way to improve the look of your natural teeth and achieve the smile you’ve always wanted. Call us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about porcelain veneers in NYC.
Redefining the Modern Dental Experience in NYC
Invisalign clear aligners are a favorite choice for many teens and adults who want to create their best smile. NYC residents choose Invisalign because it fits seamlessly into any lifestyle. Invisalign aligner trays are so clear that most people will never even notice you’re straightening your teeth. And when you choose Invisalign, you are free […]READ
At Sky Dental NYC, we work to bring our patients the best available treatments. That’s why we offer Philips Zoom! Teeth Whitening. It’s quick, super-effective, and professionally done. For the best teeth whitening in NYC, see the exceptionally qualified team at Sky Dental! If you haven’t experienced in-office teeth whitening, you may have some questions […]READ